|homemade cranberry pepper jelly (for the holidays)|
|reduced-down peppers + pectin with fresh cranberries about to be added in....|
|Mmm fresh cranberries + spicy peppers|
|Now for the dried cherries (or dried cranberries) for TEXTURE|
|the finished product!!|
For the Cranberry Pepper Jelly:
3 Red Bell Peppers, Finely Chopped
3 Red Jalapeno Peppers, Finely Chopped
1 ½t Red Pepper Flakes
¼C Liquid Pectin
1T Fresh Lemon Juice
3C Fresh Cranberries
5oz Dried Cherries or Cranberries (one small package)
1. Put the bell peppers and jalapenos in a food processor and pulse to finely chop.
2. Combine peppers, chiles, sugar, red pepper flakes and salt in a heavy wide pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in pectin and lemon juice. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in cranberries and simmer gently until they burst and juices thicken, about 10 minutes longer.
4. Lastly, stir in the dried cherries/cranberries and let them simmer for about 2-3 minutes until they slightly reconstitute and plump up again.
5. Transfer jelly to a jar, let cool, and cover. Will keep for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
source: cranberry-pepper jelly recipe