|Pumpkin Doughnut French Toast Casserole with Salted Caramel Sauce|
For the Baked Fresh Toast Casserole:
4 Large Eggs
1C Half & Half
½C Whole Milk
¼C Pure Pumpkin Puree
1t Brown Sugar
10 Leftover Buttermilk-Glazed Pumpkin Doughnuts, Cut into Cubes & Dried
Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce or Maple Syrup
Directions:1. For the bread, you need to cut the doughnuts into bite size cubes and place them onto a baking sheet. Let the cubes become stale for 4-6 hours. Once the cubes are stale, spray a baking dish (we did individual ramekins) and stuff them into the dish and press down, so that it is fully packed.
2. To Make the Batter: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half & half, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until completely incorporated & creamy. Pour the batter over the bread cubes and press down so that the batter soaks into all of the cubes.
3. Cover the dish with tinfoil and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.
4. The next morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Bake the casserole for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of your baking dish.
6. Serve hot with Salted Caramel Sauce or Maple Syrup.