|Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Graham Crackers|
For the Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Graham Crackers:
2 ½C + 2T AP Flour
1C Dark Brown Sugar, Lightly Packed
1t Baking Soda
1t Pumpkin Pie Spice
¾t Sea Salt
7T Unsalted Butter, Cut into 1inch Cubes & Frozen
For the Graham Cracker Topping:
2T Granulated Sugar
2t Pumpkin Pie Spice
1. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in the bowl of a standing mixer and mix on low until the ingredients are incorporated, or you can cut the ingredients together with a pastry blender (just make sure they are very well incorporated). Add in the butter and mix on low until a consistency of a coarse meal is obtained. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, milk, and vanilla extract. Add this to the flour mixture and mix on low until the dough barely comes together. It will be very soft and sticky. Lay out the dough onto a large piece of plastic wrap and dust it lightly with flour, and then turn the dough out onto it and pat it into a rectangle about 1inch thick. Wrap it, and then chill it until firm, about 2 hours or overnight.
2. Prepare the topping by combining the sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl and set it aside.
3. Once the dough has chilled, now you have to roll it out. Divide the dough in half and return one half to the refrigerator. Sift an even layer of flour onto the work surface and roll the dough into a long rectangle about 1/8inch thick. Trim the edges of the rectangle to 4 inches wide. Cut the strip every 4 ½inches to make 4 crackers. Place the crackers on parchment-lined baking sheets and chill until firm for about 30-45 minutes in the refrigerator. Repeat the same process with the second batch of dough.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees while the dough chills.
5. To decorate the cookies, mark a vertical line down the middle of each cracker (being careful not to cut through the dough). Using a toothpick or skewer, prick the dough to form two dotted rows.
6. Bake for 15-25 minutes, until browned and slightly firm to the touch (rotating the baking sheets halfway through).
7. Let the cookies cool before eating to let them crisp up.
source: homemade graham crackers.