Sunday, October 16, 2011

Soup Sunday: Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup

I wasn't feeling so well last week, so I knew that for the next week of Soup Sunday's, that I wanted to make Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup. Whenever I was sick as a child, my mom always made me homemade soup to make me feel better. And it always worked. This soup is simple, but so tasty. It really can't get any better than a hot bowl of soup on a cold day! Next week, I will be posting my amazing shrimp-corn chowder, inspired from one of my favorite Atlanta restaurants! Enjoy :)
Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup
For the Soup:
6 Chicken Thighs, Bone-in & Skin-on
6 Chicken Drumsticks, Bone-in & Skin-on
2 Whole Carrots, Diced
2 Stalks Celery, Diced
1 Sweet Onion, Diced
1-2T Chicken Base
½t Turmeric
½t Ground Thyme
2t Parsley Flakes
16oz Egg Noodles
3T AP Flour
Water
Salt & White Pepper, To Taste

Directions:
1. Cover the chicken in 4 quarts of water. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot with a slotted spoon. With two forks, remove as much meat from the bones as you can, slightly shredding the meat. Return the bones to the broth and simmer on low, covered, for 45 minutes. Remove bones and strain the broth to remove any other small pieces. Return the broth by to the pot.
2. Add the carrots, celery, onions, and chicken base to the pot, followed by the herbs & spices. Stir to combine and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3. Increase the heat and add the egg noodles and chicken, and cook for 10-15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mix the flour with a little water, stirring until smooth, and pour it into the soup. Stir it to combine and simmer for another 5 minutes, or until the soup thickens.
5. Add more seasonings if needed. Serve hot.


1 comment:

  1. We are trying the recipe tonight it 👃 smells 😋 delicious.....

    ReplyDelete