|Mr. Owl with no Mint Oreos|
For the Cookie:
1 ¼C AP Flour
½C Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1t Baking Soda
¼t Baking Powder
1 Stick + 2T Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
1 Large Egg
For the Filling:
1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
½C Vegetable Shortening
3C Powdered Sugar, Sifted
Green Dye, If Needed
Mint Extract, If Needed
1. Preheat the oven to 375 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with Pam.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, soda, powder, salt, and sugar. Then slowly add in the softened butter and egg. Mix until incorporated. Using a small ice cream scoop (or a teaspoon), scoop balls of cookie dough on the prepared sheets and bake each sheet for 9 minutes (flipping the sheets halfway through).
3. Once the cookies are done cooking, let them cool for 5 minutes on their cookie sheet, and then transfer them to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
4. Meanwhile, make the filling by beating together the shortening and butter in a mixer until light and fluffy. Slowly add in the powdered and vanilla. Also, I added some mint extract and green dye to the filling because our favorite Oreo is the Mint Oreo. But the possibilities are endless, so you can make any type of filling you like.
5. Spoon on about a teaspoon of the filling into the middle of the cookie and top with another cookies. Slowly squeeze the cookies together, so that the filling spreads evenly.
source: homemade oreos