|I love all those swirly twirlies of banana bread and nutella|
|Swirled Nutella Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Streusel|
For the Banana Bread:
1C + 2T Sugar
2T Sour Cream
1C + 2/3C AP Flour
1t Baking Soda
½C Vegetable Oil
4 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
½C Semisweet Chocolate Chips
For the Peanut Butter Streusel Topping:
¼C + 1T AP Flour
¼C Brown Sugar
2T Peanut Butter
Directions:1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with tin foil and spray with Pam. Set it aside.
2. In a standing mixer, beat together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, then add in the sour cream and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. With the standing mixer at the lowest speed, add in the flour mixture into the wet mixture in small increments. Next, slowly drizzle in the vegetable oil until just incorporated.
4. In another small bowl, mash the ripe bananas until mushy. Fold in the mashed bananas into the batter. Pour half of the batter into a separate bowl and whisk in the Nutella. In the other bowl (with the plain banana bread batter) fold in the white chocolate chips.
5. To Make the Peanut Butter Streusel: Put the flour and brown sugar in a bowl and lightly mix, cut in the butter and peanut butter with a pastry blender (or a fork) until the mixture resembles small peas, and set aside until ready to use.
6. Layer the plain banana bread batter and the chocolate banana batter into the prepared pan by spoonfuls of batter until all the batter has been used. Swirl the batter gently with a knife to create a marbling effect (don’t do it too much). Top with the banana bread with the Peanut Butter streusel.
7. Bake the bread for an hour or until it is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan, and then lift it out of the pan (using the tin foil), letting the bread cool completely before cutting into slices. Enjoy!
*Check out Sweets for a Saturday for this recipe, as well as many others!!*