Monday, August 29, 2011

Tiger Woods'

Tiga Tiga Woods Y'all! You must be wondering what on earth I'm talking about, and I'm definitely going to explain. If you live in the south, then you must love sweet tea. And I do, I'm obsessed with it. But, more specifically, Arnold Palmer's. It is my go-to drink, I literally order it everywhere. So when I was menu-planning for our picnic, I knew I wanted to make my favorite drink, but with an Asian twist because of our Banh Mi's & Asian Noodle Salad. So I decided to make Asian Arnold Palmer's (or what we call Tiger Woods' because he was the only famous golfer of Asian descent that we could think of at the time). If you don't want to go with our cheesy name, then you can always call them AAP's. Any who, instead of using sweet southern tea, I substituted green tea. And instead of lemonade, I made homemade limeade sweetened with a ginger-honey simple syrup. These drinks were so perfect for our hot summer day picnic, and it just fit perfectly with our menu! Enjoy my friends :)



Our Romantic Anniversary Picnic



Cheers to Four Years :)



Tiger Woods' or Asian Arnold Palmer's
For the Honey Ginger Syrup:
1C Honey
1C Water
4oz Fresh Ginger Root, Peeled & Finely Grated

For the Homemade Limeade:
1C Lime Juice, Freshly Squeezed
Prepared & Cooled Honey Ginger Syrup
3C Cold Water

For the Tiger Woods:
Prepared Homemade Limeade
Chilled Green Tea
Ice Cubes
Limes, For Garnish

Directions:
1. To Make the Honey Ginger Syrup: Place the honey and water in a medium saucepan and bring it to a boil, and simmer until the honey is completely dissolved. Turn off the heat and add in the freshly grated ginger and any juice. Cover and let it steep for 30 minutes. Strain the syrup through a mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on the ginger pulp, discarding the solids. Pour in the syrup into a container and let it cool completely in the refrigerator until chilled, for about an hour.
2. To Make the Homemade Limeade: In a large pitcher, add the fresh limejuice, cooled honey-ginger syrup, and cold water. Stir to combine. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes until cold.
3. To Make the Tiger Woods’: In a glass filled with ice, pour in the limeade up until halfway. Next, pour in the chilled green tea, halfway up as well. End the drink by adding another splash of limeade or a squeeze of fresh limejuice. Stir to combine and enjoy!


*Check out Sweets For A Saturday for this recipe, as well as many others!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment