|Cakey Pumpkin Pie Spiced Snickerdoodles|
For the Cookies:
2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
½C Light Brown Sugar
¾C Pure Pumpkin Puree
1 Large Egg
3 ¾C AP Flour
1 ½t Baking Powder
½t Pumpkin Pie Spice
For the Pumpkin Pie Spice Rolling Sugar:
¼C + 2T Sugar
1T Pumpkin Pie Spice
1. In a bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the pumpkin puree and beat well. Mix in the egg and vanilla, and then scrape down the sides of the bowl.
2. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture a little at a time until just incorporated.
3. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for an hour, or until the dough becomes slightly firm.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with silpat. Mix all of the ingredients of the pumpkin pie spice rolling sugar in a small bowl until well incorporated, and then set it aside.
5. Using an ice creams coop, scoop out dough and roll into balls. Using your hands, roll the dough balls in the pumpkin pie spice rolling sugar, making sure that they are completely covered. Place the sugar rolled dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet and repeat.
6. Once all of the dough balls have been rolled in sugar and placed on the baking sheet, flatten the cookies with a glass by pressing the glass evenly over the dough. Sprinkle with a little more pumpkin pie spice sugar.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until they are slightly firm to the tough. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the sheet, and then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.
source: pumpkin snickerdoodles.