|Chewy Pumpkin Pie Spiced Snickerdoodles|
For the Pumpkin Cookie Dough:
1 ½ Sticks Unsalted Butter, Melted & Cooled (I browned the butter for extra flavor)
1C Brown Sugar, Packed
1 Large Egg + 1 Egg Yolk
½C Pumpkin Butter
2 ½C AP Flour
½t Baking Soda
1-2t Pumpkin Pie Spice
1t Cream of Tartar
1 ¼C White Chocolate Chips (optional)
For the Pumpkin Pie Spice Rolling Sugar:
1T Pumpkin Pie Spice
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with Pam.
2. To Make the Cookie Dough: In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add in the egg and egg yolk. Add in the vanilla and pumpkin butter, blending to combine. Scrape down the sides with a spatula. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, & pumpkin pies spice. Slowly add in the flour mixture, making sure to scrape down the sides occasionally, and beat until combined. Beat in the white chocolate chips if you are using them (I didn’t because I wanted to keep them classic). Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out dough balls and roll them into balls using your hands. Place them onto the baking sheet and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to an hour, so that the dough firms up.
3. For the Pumpkin Pie Spice Rolling Sugar: In small mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt, and then set it aside.
4. Making the Cookies: Once the dough has chilled, roll them into the pumpkin pie spice-sugar mixture until completely covered, and then place onto your prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle the cookies with a little more pumpkin pie spice rolling sugar.
5. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes (rotating the baking sheet halfway through) or until the cookies look crackled and they are slightly cooked through. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with more pumpkin pie spice rolling sugar, and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Once they have cooled on the sheet, remove them to a rack to finish cooling for 5-10 more minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
source: chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.