Monday, December 5, 2011

Salted Pretzel Toffee

Christmastime is finally upon us... yay!! It truly is the best time of the year. I really love it all, the decorating, the music, and more importantly all the baking :) One recipe staple in my house is Saltine Cracker Toffee. It's one of the simplest recipes, but is still so tasty. But, this year, I decided to switch it up a bit and make Salted Pretzel Toffee. I just substituted the saltine crackers with square pretzels and added a touch of salt to create a salted caramel flavor to the toffee. Man, this stuff is good and pretty much idiot-proof. I can't wait for all the Christmas goodies that I'm going to make this month!! Enjoy & Merry Christmas :)
Salted Pretzel Toffee 
Yummy Pretzels Instead of Saltine Crackers
For the Toffee:
10oz Square Pretzels
2C Butter
2C Dark Brown Sugar
2-3C Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Fleur de Sel, For Sprinkling

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a 13x9 pan with square pretzels in a thick, even layer.
2. In a saucepan, combine the sugar and the butter. Boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over the pretzels and spread over the pretzels, so that they are completely covered. Sprinkle with fleur de sel.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes, depending on your oven. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Spread the melted chocolate and sprinkle with more fleur de sel.
4. Cool completely and break into pieces. 

1 comment:

  1. YUM! This toffee look and sound amazing. I would love it if you came to link to my holiday recipe swap blog hop. It is my first ever! Love these recipes.
    www.mythirtyspot.com
    -Erin Kennedy

    ReplyDelete