Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thai Chopped Salad with Crispy Brussel Sprouts, Seared Steak, & Sriracha Vinaigrette

I am a fan of good salads. I mean I it's possibly my favorite meal. People think I'm weird for that, but I mean they have everything I want in one bowl. But, I don't want just a plain salad with just lettuce. Wah, that's no good. I want a salad loaded with crap... and by crap, I mean lots of goodies and vegetables. And this salad delivers on that. It has shredded cabbage, fried brussel sprouts, edamame, red bell pepper, red onion, green onion, chopped peanuts, crispy wonton skins, cilantro, and seared steak all tossed in an amazing, spicy sriracha vinaigrette and then drizzled with a Thai peanut sauce. This salad turned out to be one of the best salads either of us had ever had. Legit. It was the perfect meal, and I think great to make for a date night or any other night for that matter. I really can't stop thinking about it. And the sriracha vinaigrette is to die for, I could literally eat it with a spoon!! Enjoy :)
Thai Chopped Salad with Crispy Brussel Sprouts, Seared Steak, & Sriracha Vinaigrette
I love all the ingredients loaded into this salad...
For the Sriracha Vinaigrette:
¼C Toasted Sesame Oil
¼C Rice Vinegar
½C Honey
2T Sriracha
2T White Sesame Seeds, Toasted
¼t Soy Sauce

For the Thai Chopped Salad:   
2C Napa Cabbage, Shredded
2C Brussel Sprouts, Quartered & Fried until Crispy
1 Red Bell Pepper, Finely Chopped
¼C Red Onion, Minced
½C Green Onion, Finely Chopped
½C Shelled Edamame Beans  
1C Fried Wonton Skins
¼C Peanuts, Finely Chopped
2-4T Fresh Cilantro, Minced
Prepared Sriracha Vinaigrette
Thai Peanut Sauce
Thinly Sliced Seared Filet Mignon, Medium Rare (or cooked to your liking)
Fresh Limes

Directions: 
1. To Make the Sriracha Vinaigrette: In a bowl whisk together all of the ingredients until thoroughly combined. Pour into a mason jar and refrigerate until ready to use. Shake it up before tossing on the salad.
2. To Make the Thai Chopped Salad: In a large mixing bowl, mix the cabbage, fried brussel sprouts, red bell pepper, red onion, green onion, Edamame, fried wonton skins, peanuts, cilantro, and thinly sliced steak together until the ingredients are evenly mixed throughout. Pour some of the Sriracha vinaigrette over the salad, and toss until it is evenly coated.
3. Spoon the salad into a large serving bowl and garnish the top of the salad with more fried wonton skins, crushed peanuts, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and a drizzle of peanut sauce. Enjoy immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment