Thursday, March 1, 2012

Salted Brown Butter Rice Crispy Treats

I love the cooking blog, Smitten Kitchen. All of her food looks delicious. And I have tried many, many recipes, and guess what... it really all is delicious. Well, wanna know something I have never liked? Rice Crispy Treats. I don't know why, but they have always turned me off. But I saw that her recipe used brown butter, which I have an obsession with, and she also salted them, which I do with every sweet recipe. So, I knew I had to try this recipe. Well these definitely delivered. Way better than any rice crispy treat I've ever had. And we were actually going back for more. So even if you didn't like them at first, like me, make these treats because they are way better than the store-bought kind!! Enjoy :)
Salted Brown butter Rice Crispy Treats
For the Rice Crispy Treats:
1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, Browned
10oz Marshmallows
¼t Fleur de Sel
6C Rice Krispies Cereal

Directions:
1. Spray an 8inch square cake pan.
2. In a large pot, brown the butter over medium-low heat until nutty in aroma and golden brown in color.
3. As soon as the butter starts to brown, turn off the heat and add in the marshmallows and stir until completed melted & smooth. Stir in the fleur de sel and cereal. Mix to combine and cover.
4. Quickly spread into the prepared pan and let it cool completely. Cut into squares and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment