Friday, August 17, 2012

Rustic Restaurant Style Salsa

Rustic Restaurant Style Salsa
I've got to keep this short n' sweet. My Mountain Man & I traveled up to Cashiers, NC for the weekend to celebrate my parents' birthdays. I'll be here until Sunday night, but I'll make sure to post some pictures from our trip. Right now, I'm still up baking a Rainbow Velvet Cake for dessert tomorrow night. It's almost done... and oh-so-glorious. By the way I just love it up here. It's absolutely amazing. Oh and back to the salsa. I'm more of a pico de gallo kinda gal, but I came across a recipe for restaurant style salsa that I had to make. I made mine more "rustic" by keeping some bigger chunks of onions, tomatoes, and jalapenos. And we make ours super spicy because it's just best that way. I hope all of y'all are enjoyin' the end of the Summer because it's coming to a close fast. So go on and make this salsa before it gets too cold to sip with an ice-cold margarita!! Enjoy :)
My Kinda Meal
For the Salsa
2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
1 Jalapeno, Quartered & Sliced Thin
½C Cilantro
½C Sweet Onion, Roughly Chopped
1 28oz Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes
2 10oz Cans of Rotel
¼C-½C Sweet Onion, Finely Chopped 
1-2T Candied Jalapenos, Minced
1 Lime, Juiced & Zested
¼t Cumin
Salt & Sugar, To Taste
Tortilla Chips, For Dipping

Directions:
1. Blend the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, sweet onion, and whole peeled tomatoes in a food processor until pureed. Pour this mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add the in two cans of Rotel Tomatoes, finely chopped sweet onion, candied jalapenos, lime juice, lime zest, cumin, and sugar & salt to taste.    
2.  Serve with tortilla chips.   

2 comments:

  1. This is the ONLY way to make salsa! I abhor storebough brands!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, why buy salsa when you can make it so much better yourself? It truly makes a big difference! I hate store-bought brands!

    XOXO,
    Juliana

    ReplyDelete