Friday, September 28, 2012

Creamy Chorizo-Corn Dip

Creamy Chorizo-Corn Dip
I never get sick of dips. Like ever. I pretty much make a dip every week during football season. I mean, you can get sit and snack on it all day and it never gets old. Well, one of my tried and true recipes is my Spicy Sausage Dip. It is so easy to make, but everyone always gobbles it down. So, I thought I would change it up a bit and use spicy chorizo sausage in the dip instead. I also added some charred corn and diced pimentos for sweetness. Serve this dip warm or cold and with chips for dipping. It surely won't disappoint!! Enjoy :)
A Yummy & Easy Dip
For the Dip:
1 Sweet Onion, Sliced & Caramelized
1lb Ground Chorizo Sausage
8oz Diced Pimentos, Drained
2T Candied Jalapenos, Diced
1C Fresh Corn, Grilled or Charred
2 8oz Packages of Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
Hot Sauce (to your liking)
Chips, For Serving

Directions:
1. In a large skillet, caramelize the onions until golden brown & sweet. Drain from the pan into a bowl and set aside. Next, cook the chorizo in the same pan over medium-high heat until evenly browned and no longer pink. Once cooked through, drain the sausage into the same bowl with the onions (discarding the excess oil). Reduce the heat to low and add the onions & sausage back into the pan with the pimentos, candied jalapenos, corn, cream cheese, and hot sauce. Stir until evenly blended and creamy. Cook until just heated through.   
2.  Serve warm with some chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment