Saturday, October 27, 2012

Title Town's Famous BBQ Nachos with Pulled Pork, Pan Fried Red Onions, Candied Jalapenos, Pimento Cheese-Beer Nacho Cheese Sauce, & Green Onions

Title Town's Famous BBQ Nachos with Pulled Pork, Pan Fried Red Onions,
Candied Jalapenos, Pimento Cheese-Beer Nacho Cheese Sauce, & Green Onions
Have y'all missed me?? I know, I know... I've been gone for like two weeks. I'm like deathly ill and I've actually been in the hospital since Monday, but I have had a fever above 102 since October 14th. Crazy, right? So, forgive me, I have not been in the posting mood. But, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and what's better than my favorite, tailgatin' recipes. And these hit home for me. Every game day in Tuscaloosa involved tailgating on the quad, partying with friends, and then ending the night with a night out on the Strip at the bars. Well, at one of our favorite hangouts, there was a small BBQ stand that made the best BBQ nachos. Can you think of anything else that would be better than nachos after a long day? Nope. So, I knew that I would eventually make my own version, kicked up just a bit. Big Bad Wolves' Nachos were pretty simple... chips, pulled pork, nacho cheese sauce, and jalapenos. Well, mine are loaded with pulled pork, BBQ sauce, pan fried red onions, candied jalapenos,  green onions, and a homemade Pimento Cheese-Beer Nacho Cheese Sauce. These are so good y'all and just perfect for game day. I mean, it's a rule that you gotta have these while visiting T-Town (or Title Town) as we call it. Now, let's hope that the good 'ole Crimson Tide will pull out a win for us tonight because I sure need one to make me feel better. I hope y'all are all doing great and I promise I won't disappear for that long again!! Enjoy :)




For the Pan Fried Red Onions:
2 Medium Red Onions, Sliced
4T Unsalted Butter
¼C Vegetable Oil
Salt & Pepper, To Taste
  
For the Pimento Cheese-Beer Nacho Cheese Sauce:
12oz Beer
1C Sharp Yellow Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
½C Pepperjack Cheese, Shredded
½C Colby Jack Cheese, Shredded
1T AP Flour
8oz Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
4oz Pimentos, Drained & Diced
Salt & Pepper, To Taste

For the BBQ Nachos:
Tortilla Chips
Pulled Pork, Warmed & Tossed in BBQ Sauce
Your Favorite BBQ Sauce, For Drizzling
Shredded Pepperjack Cheese, For Topping
Prepared Pan Fried Red Onions
Prepared Pimento Cheese-Beer Nacho Cheese Sauce, Warm
Candied Jalapenos, For Garnishing
Minced Green Onions, For Garnishing
Sour Cream (optional)

Directions:
1. For the Pan Fried Red Onions: Cut the onions in half and then slice them into thin half-rounds. Heat the butter and oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions, salt, and pepper and sauté for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 more minutes until the onions are browned and caramelized. Allow the onions to cool.
2. For the Pimento Cheese-Beer Nacho Cheese Sauce: Add the beer to a saucepan over medium heat and bring it to a boil. While you are waiting, toss the shredded cheese with the flour. Once the beer is simmering, whisk in the cheese and all of the remaining ingredients. Whisk until all the cheese has melted and you have a smooth, creamy sauce. Keep warm until ready to serve.
3. For the BBQ Nachos: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with Pam. Pour tortilla chips onto the prepared pan and top with the shredded cheese and BBQ pulled pork. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is just melted and the chips have started to crisp up. Remove the chips from the oven and immediately transfer them to a serving platter. Top the nachos with the pan fried red onions, spoonfuls of nacho cheese sauce, candied jalapenos, a little more pulled pork, a drizzle of BBQ sauce, and green onions.
4. Enjoy while still warm and with a dollop of sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment