|Triple Crown Pad Thai with Satay-Marinated Steak, Chicken, & Shrimp|
|Without the peanuts... it's oh-so-crucial.|
For the Satay-Marinated Steak, Chicken, & Shrimp
½lb Steak, Chicken, & Shrimp Each (We used 1 Large Filet, 4 Chicken Thighs, & 12 Shrimp)
2T Ground Turmeric
½t Ground White Pepper
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1t Ground Coriander & Yellow Curry Powder
¼C Coconut Cream
For the Triple Crown Pad Thai:
16oz Wide, Flat Rice Noodles (I bought the noodles that were pre-cooked)
4T Brown Sugar
4T Fresh Lime Juice (I also zested 2 limes for extra flavor, this is optional)
5T Soy Sauce
1T Fish Sauce
1 Bunch of Green onions, Roughly Chopped (we used about 6 green onions)
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1t Fresh Ginger, Minced
4 Large Eggs, Beaten
½-1C Fresh Cilantro, Finely Chopped
½C Roasted Peanuts, Finely Chopped
Prepared Satay-Marinated Steak, Chicken, & Shrimp (cooked)
Thai Peanut Sauce, For Drizzling
1. For the Satay-Marinated Steak, Chicken, & Shrimp: Mix together the turmeric, white pepper, garlic, sugar, ground cumin, yellow curry powder, and coconut cream until thoroughly combined and mixed well. Separate the marinade evenly into three plastic bags and add one protein to each bag (you should have one steak bag, one chicken bag, and one shrimp bag). Toss the coat the proteins in the marinade. Let the proteins marinate for 30 minutes to an hour before grilling. Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat and cook the meet according to the temperature that you like. The shrimp only requires a couple minutes, the chicken needs to be cooked until there is no pink color in the center, and we like our steak seared to medium-rare (but it is all up to you).
2. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, limejuice and zest, soy sauce, fish sauce, honey and Sriracha.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
4. Add scallion whites and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add eggs and cook, scraping skillet with a spatula until eggs are almost set (about 30 seconds). Transfer the eggs to a plate. Add noodles, green onions, and sauce to skillet. Cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are soft (about 1 minute). Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking eggs up gently.
5. Garnish the dish with the satay-marinated steak, chicken, and shrimp along with cilantro, roasted peanuts, and a drizzle of Sriracha.
source: easy pad thai.