Thursday, January 31, 2013

Guacamole Egg Rolls with Cilantro Ranch Dipping Sauce

Guacamole Egg Rolls with Cilantro Ranch Dipping Sauce
The Super Bowl is this weekend y'all!! Aren't y'all excited because we sure are :) This is one of my favorite holidays... well, maybe celebration. I just love love love to make a bunch of different dips, snacks, and appetizers for me and my friends to munch on while we play beer pong and yell at the T.V. I have made it no secret about my obsession for guacamole. Just last week I made the best guacamole I ever made... that was spiked with tequila (um yum). So, we happened to be cravin' another batch of it this last weekend. There was a little bit left over and I thought to myself, why not shove it into some egg roll wrappers and fry those babies up? I mean, it practically tastes like a crispy tortilla chip with some cool guacamole on top. We dipped them in some homemade cilantro ranch and it was the perfect combination. Now all you need along side it is some margarita's or my new favorite drink, the Paloma. I know we will be frying up some of these Mexican egg rolls this weekend. What will y'all be makin'? Enjoy :)


For the Homemade Cilantro Ranch Dipping Sauce:
1C Buttermilk, Well-Shaken
½C Mayo
¼C Sour Cream
1t Lime Juice + Lime Zest
2T Buttermilk Powder
½t Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, & White Pepper
¼t Paprika
2T Fresh Cilantro, Minced
1t Fresh Dill & Fresh Chives, Minced
1 Small Garlic Clove, Minced into a Paste
1T Candied Jalapenos, Minced
Salt, Fresh Cracked Black Pepper, & Sugar, To Taste

For the Guacamole Egg Rolls:
Homemade Chunky Guacamole (make it so there are big chunks of avocado)
Store Bought Egg Roll Wrappers
Water, For Brushing the Edges
½C Cornstarch
Canola Oil, For Frying
Prepared Cilantro Ranch, For Dipping

Directions:
1. For the Homemade Cilantro Ranch Dipping Sauce: In a medium bowl, stir together the buttermilk, mayo, sour cream, and buttermilk powder until smooth. Add in the other ingredients until it is completely incorporated, adjusting for taste with the salt, pepper, and sugar. Once you have reached your desired ranch dressing, refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. For the Guacamole Egg Rolls: Lay out the wonton wrappers in a diamond facing you. With your finger brush the edges on the wrapper to make them seal. Put about 3 spoonfuls of guacamole in the middle of the wrapper. Fold over the south corner of the egg roll over the filling. Next, tuck in the edges and then continue to roll over until it is a tight roll. Seal the last corner with some water again. Put some cornstarch on a plate and roll the egg rolls in the cornstarch, then lightly dust off excess coating.
3. Frying the Egg Rolls: Heat your canola oil to 350 degrees in your deep fryer. Once the oil has heated, place the egg rolls seal down into the fryer and cook for roughly 3-5 minutes or until they are crunchy and golden brown.
4. For Serving: Cut the egg rolls in half and serve with the dipping sauce.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I read your blog and right now I'm looking for swap sponsors and was wondering if you'd be interested in swapping buttons with me? My email is hjd_21@yahoo.com!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete