|"Not Your Granny's" Pimento Cheese with Pickled, Roasted Red Peppers, Candied Jalapenos,|
Green Onion, Crispy Bacon, & Toasted Pecans
|A Big Ole' Scoop of Bacon Jam|
For the Loaded Pimento Cheese:
4oz Cream Cheese, Softened
½C Mayo + ½C Sour Cream
¼t Garlic Powder, Pepper, & Paprika
1T Hot Sauce (or to taste)
8oz Pepperjack Cheese, Shredded
8oz White Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
8oz Sharp Yellow Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
1C Marinated or Pickled Roasted Red Peppers, Diced
½C Candied Jalapenos, Diced
5-6 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
8 Strips of Applewood Smoked Bacon, Cooked until Crispy & Chopped into Bacon Bits
½C Pecans, Toasted & Coarsely Chopped
Salt & Pepper, To Taste
Homemade Bacon Jam, For Serving (optional)
Strawberry Preserves, For Serving (optional)
Toasted Bread, Frito's Scoops, or Crackers, For Dipping
1. In a big mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, pepper, paprika, hot sauce, and Worcestershire.
2. Separately, shred the three blocks of cheese and put in the bowl with the seasoned creamy mixture. (I use the normal shredding side because I like it more that way for this dip). Toss the mixture together until the mayo is covering all of the cheese.
3. Add in the marinated roasted red peppers, candied jalapeno, green onions, bacon bits, and toasted pecans. Toss until it’s evenly incorporated.
4. Season the dip with any additional seasonings if needed. Refrigerate until ready to use, but let it come to room temperature before serving, so that it is easier to spread on the crackers.
5. Garnish the top of the pimento cheese with some Homemade Bacon Jam or Strawberry Preserves and serve with some Frito's for dipping.