|Mama Jones' Famous Cranberry Relish Mold|
|fresh cranberries, orange peel, + cara cara oranges|
|Adding in the toasted pecans...|
For the Cranberry Relish Mold:
1lb Fresh Cranberries
3 Large Oranges, Zested (using a peeler) & Cut into Quarters
2 Granny Smith Apples
1C Toasted Pecans, Finely Chopped
2 Packs of Flavored Jello (we like raspberry, black cherry, or cranberry flavored)
1 Packet of Unflavored Gelatin
2C Strained Juice + Water
1 Medium Jalapeno, Finely Minced (optional, if you want it spicy)
1. Toast the pecans in a pan, and then finely chop them by hand. Set them aside.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, grind the cranberries, apples, orange zest peels, and quartered oranges (remove the bitter white pith with a sharp knife) until it is coarse and finely chopped (if you want to add in the fresh jalapeno, mince it up with the other fruit). Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes to extract as much juice as possible.
3. Strain the juice from the chopped fruit into a large measuring cup, and then fill it up with water in order to reach a total of 2C of liquid (orange juice or cranberry juice can be substituted for water instead).
4. Bring the 2C liquid to a boil and add in 3 packs of gelatin, stirring to dissolve. Let it cool slightly to set and thicken before adding it to the fruit. Pour the gelatin liquid over the chopped fruit and stir to coat and combine. Pour into a mold of your choosing.
5. Refrigerate overnight or until it has completely set and chilled.
Here are some pictures of our early Thanksgiving prep...
|Southern Braised Collard Greens + Roasted Garlic-Boursin Mashed Potatoes|
|these... are my jam.|
|whippin' them up!!|
|Roasted Garlic-Boursin Mashed Potatoes that will turn into mashed potato casserole, yum :)|
|Chunky Biscoff Cookie Crust for Cheesecake|
|The always popular, Pumpkin-Pecan Pie Cheesecake|
|Homemade Mulled Five Spice Simple Syrup for Autumn Moscow Mules|