Monday, June 4, 2012

Grilled Brie with Truffle Honey, Roasted Figs, Prosciutto, & Olive Oil Fried Bread

I swear that sometimes I am not a part of my family. It's kind of a running joke that the only groceries that my parents buy are cheese, crackers, and wine. So whenever I go home, I never have anything to eat. First off, I'm lactose intolerant, which means I don't like to eat cheese because I don't feel well. And I'm not too much of a wine drinker, I like the hard, dark stuff that guys drink. I know that probably sounds gross to a bunch of y'all, but I like what I like, okay? Good. Well, that pretty much leaves me with crackers, which does not a meal make. But, my Mountain Man, he could eat cheese and crackers all day. And he wanted a fancy cheese plate with a bunch of other stuff that he could nosh on. And this cheese plate has a bunch of stuff I could actually enjoy. I grilled a wheel of brie cheese, doused in homemade truffle honey, and topped with sweet roasted figs. On the side, I served our plate with thinly sliced prosciutto and bread that had been fried in olive oil. I love that buttery-richness that happens to bread when it's fried. You can eat the cheese by itself or do I what I did, and build a masterpiece and stack every ingredient on top of the bread. It was like a open-faced panini. I love the creamy brie, the chewy figs, salty prosciutto, & sweet truffle-honey in combination together. This would be great for a party or just an easy date night at home with your boy!! Enjoy :)
The Perfect Cheese Plate
Grilled Brie, Truffle Honey, Roasted Figs, Prosciutto, & Fried Bread 
Here's my chalkboard serving platter that would be perfect for parties...
Don't forget your glass of wine :)
For the Roasted Figs:
Fresh Black Mission Figs, Sliced in Half
Olive Oil, For Drizzling
Salt & Pepper, For Sprinkling (optional)

For the Truffle Honey:
16oz High Quality Honey
5-10 Drops of White Truffle Oil (to your preference)

For the Grilled Brie:
1 Small Wheel of Brie Cheese
Prepared Truffle Honey
Roasted Figs
Thinly Sliced Prosciutto
Slices of Fried Olive Oil Bread

Directions:
1. For the Roasted Figs: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and trim the stems off the figs and cut in half. Place them into a dish cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, & pepper. Place into the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes until they are soft and starting to caramelize. Set them aside while you grill the Brie.
2. For the Truffle Honey: Whisk together the honey and white truffle oil to taste and pour into an airtight container, and then let it sit for 24-48 hours for better flavor. If you want to find store-bought truffle honey that is fine as well.
3. For the Grilled Brie: Preheat a grill until very hot. Carefully place the cheese on the grill and sear until marks appear and the inside starts to melt, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Using a spatula, transfer to a serving platter. Place the Roasted Figs on top and drizzle with the Homemade Truffle Honey. Serve with Prosciutto and Fried Olive Oil Bread.


source: grilled brie.

No comments:

Post a Comment