|Bloody-Good Bloody Mary's with Roasted Heirloom Tomato Puree, Horseradish Infused Vodka, & Hot Sauce Ice Cubes|
|Heirloom Tomatoes, Shallots, Garlic, & Rosemary Ready to be Roasted (which means extra-yummy flavor)|
For the Horseradish Infused Vodka:
1 750mL Bottle of Vodka
1 3inch Piece of Fresh Horseradish, Peeled & Cut into 6 Slices
For the Roasted Heirloom Tomato Puree:
2lbs Fresh Heirloom Tomatoes,
4 Shallots, Peeled and Quartered
1 Head of Garlic, Peeled into Cloves
Fresh Herbs (thyme, oregano, basil, or rosemary)
Salt & Pepper
For the Tomato Water:
1lb Sweet Tomatoes, Chopped
For the Hot Sauce-Tomato Ice Cubes:
½C of Your Favorite Hot Sauce
1C Tomato Juice (or bloody mary mix)
For the Bloody Mary Mix:
3C Roasted Heirloom Tomato Puree, Cold
1C Tomato Water
¼C Hot Sauce
3T Fresh Lemon Juice
1T Worcestershire Sauce
1T Pickled Jalapenos, Minced
1t Fresh Ginger, Minced
1t Prepared Horseradish
1C Horseradish Infused Vodka, Chilled
Salt & Pepper, To Taste
For the Bloody Good-Bloody Mary’s:
Hot Sauce Ice Cubes
Prepared Bloody Mary Mix, Chilled
Pickled Green Beans, Okra, Asparagus, Carrots & Jalapenos
Cold Beer (for topping the drink)
Celery Salt & Pepper, To Taste
1. For the Horseradish Infused Vodka: Add the horseradish slices into the vodka. Seal the bottle or container, and let it steep for at least 1 week or up to one month (for a stronger flavor). Once you have reached your preferred strength of flavor, strain the vodka into another clean bottle, discarding the bottle that you had infused it in. Chill the vodka in the freezer until ready to use.
2. For the Roasted Heirloom Tomato Puree: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and cut the heirloom tomatoes into quarters. Spread the tomatoes, shallots, and garlic cloves onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, and toss with the fresh herbs. Roast for 30 minutes or until the tomatoes & shallots are brown and caramelized. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Dump all of the remaining ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. Refrigerate until cold.
3. For the Sweet Tomato Water: Roughly chop your sweet tomatoes and place them in a sieve that is set over a bowl, and let it drain for two hours, or until the tomatoes stop dripping. Discard the chopped sweet tomatoes or toss them into your drink for extra texture.
4. For the Hot Sauce Ice Cubes: In a mixing bowl, mix together the hot sauce and tomato juice (or bloody mary mix) until smooth and combined. Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze.
5. To Make the Bloody Mary Mix: In a large pitcher, combine the roasted tomato puree, sweet tomato water, lemon juice, Worcestershire, Sriracha, fresh ginger, horseradish infused vodka, and tequila. Stir until smooth and combined. Taste the liquid and season with salt & pepper. Chill the Bloody Mary mix until very cold.
6. To Make a Bloody Good-Bloody Mary: Fill tall cocktail glasses with some of the Hot Sauce-Tomato Juice Ice Cubes. Pour in the Bloody Mary Mix about ¾ of the way up the glass, and then top with cold beer to the rim. Garnish with pickled vegetables, cocktail onions, and lime wedges. Sprinkle some celery salt & pepper on top and enjoy. Serve cold.
Here are also some pictures from our NYE celebration last night...