|Vanilla Wafer Cookie Cupcakes with a Pudding Filling & Banana Cream Cheese Frosting|
For the Vanilla Wafer Cookie Cupcake:
½C Butter, Softened
3 Eggs, Room Temperature
1 ½C Vanilla Wafer Cookie Crumbs
1t Baking Soda
1t Baking Powder
For the Pudding Filling:
1 5oz French Vanilla Pudding
1 8oz Package Cream Cheese, Softened
1 14oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 6oz Whipped Cream
For the Banana-Cream Cheese Icing:
2 8oz Packages Cream Cheese, Softened
½C Butter, Softened
2C Powdered Sugar, Sifted
2 Bananas, Mashed
1t Banana Extract
1. To make the Pudding Filling: In one bowl, beat together the pudding and milk and set aside. In another bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese. Then pour the cream cheese mixture into the pudding mixture, beat these together. Next, slowly fold in the whipped cream until incorporated and set aside.
2. To make the Vanilla Wafer Cookie Cupcake: In a mixing bowl, beat together softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then beat in one egg at a time, blending each egg into the mixture for 30 seconds each until they are well incorporated. Next, sift together flour, cookie crumbs, salt, powder, and soda. While beating the butter mixture, beat in ¼ of the flour mixture, then ¼ cup of milk, and repeat until there isn’t any left. Line a cupcake sheet with liners and fill each cupcake ¾ of the way full and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Cool the cupcakes on a rack until you are ready to fill and dress with icing.
3. To make the Banana-Cream Cheese Frosting: In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter. Add in the vanilla and slowly incorporate the sifted powdered sugar until the icing is light and fluffy. Lastly, fold in the mashed banana and banana extract to finish the icing.
4. To assemble the Cupcakes: Once the cupcakes have completely cooled (this is very important because you do not want your filling or icing to melt), hollow out a small hole in the center of the cupcake (and eat the center as a little snack). Pour a spoonful of the pudding filling into the hollowed-out center. Next, pipe the frosting on top of the cupcake and garnish with a vanilla wafer or slice of banana.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy!
|Ready to Eat!!|