|Birthday Cake Truffles|
For the Truffles:
1 Box of Confetti Cake Mix
1 ¼C Water
1 Can of Rainbow Chip Frosting
1 Bag of White Chocolate Chips, Melted
Assorted Color Dyes
Sprinkles, For Decoration
1. Start off by baking the cake. Preheat the oven to 325 and spray a 13x9 baking dish.
2. Beat together the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs until well incorporated. Pour this batter into the baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
3. Once done baking, let this cake cool and then crumble. Add the cake crumbles to a mixing bowl and mix together with the rainbow chip icing. Once this is completely mixed, roll them into balls and place on a baking sheet. Put them in the refrigerator (or freezer to speed up the process) until they are cooled and set up.
4. Melt the white chocolate (either in the microwave or in a double boiler), pour half of the chocolate into a bowl for dipping. The other half of the chocolate should be split into different small bowls, designating each bowl for a different color dye.
5. Dip the cooled cake balls into the plain melted white chocolate (or colored) and then place on a baking dish (or plate could work) to cool and harden. Once they have hardened, dip the tops of the covered cakes into more white chocolate and then dip into the sprinkles. But, use your creativity and decorate however you want!
6. Place the finished balls in the refrigerator to keep hard. Then serve when you are ready!
|Ready to Eat!|
source: cake truffles