Saturday, February 26, 2011

Classic Sugar Cookies

Hello everyone! I hope y'all are having a great weekend! I got a request from my friend, Heather, for a sugar cookie recipe, so I went ahead and made some. I'm not a big fan of sugar cookies, I figure if they don't have chocolate, then it's not worth my time. Anyway, I really like these sugar cookies though, especially with some icing! Enjoy :)
Classic Sugar Cookies 
For the Cookies:
1 ¼C Sugar
2 Sticks of Butter, Unsalted
3 Egg Yolks
2t Vanilla
2 ½C AP Flour
1t Baking Soda
½t Cream of Tartar
½t Salt
Colored Sugar Crystals

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with Pam.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add in one egg at a time, and then the vanilla. Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Make sure the scrape down the sides and beat until incorporated.
3. Using an ice cream scoop, make cookie dough balls and then roll them into the colored sugar crystals. Do not push the cookie dough balls down, so they won’t spread too much.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies look crackled. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Then place them on a cooling rack and cool another 10 minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy!


source: sugar cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment