Monday, June 20, 2011

Swirled Lemon Raspberry Poundcake with Raspberry Glaze

I just love poundcake. It's so satisfying and luscious, but still light and fluffy. I seriously make a different poundcake every week. I just use my favorite recipe and substitute a few ingredients to customize the different flavors. This week I decided to make Swirled Lemon Raspberry Poundcake with Raspberry Glaze. I just love lemon and raspberry together. It's such a refreshing combination and so summery. The base is a dense, creamy lemon curd poundcake swirled with layers of raspberry filling, and then topped with a raspberry glaze. Yum yum yum! Enjoy :)
I Love the Bright Pink Raspberry Glaze
Lemon Curd Poundcake with Swirled Raspberry Layers & Raspberry Glaze
For the Poundcake:
2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter, Softened
1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese, Softened
½C Lemon Curd
1 ½C Sugar
4 Eggs
2t Vanilla
1T Lemon Zest
3T Lemon Juice
2C AP Flour
1 ½t Baking Powder
1t Salt

For the Raspberry Filling:
1C Frozen Raspberries
¼C Raspberry Jam
2T Lemon Juice
¼C Confectioners’ Sugar

For the Raspberry Glaze:
2C Confectioners’ Sugar, Sifted
2T Raspberry Filling
½C Raspberry Jam
2t Lemon Juice
3T Milk
½t Vanilla  

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and spray a bundt pan with Pam, and then set aside.
2. To Make the Raspberry Filling: Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Break up any large raspberry chunks. Once the mixture has come to a bubble, remove from the heat and let it cool completely before adding it to the cake.
3. To Make the Poundcake: In a mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, and lemon curd. Pour in the sugar and mix until fluffy and smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing each one until it is incorporated before adding the next egg. Next, add in the vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Beat to combine. While ingredients are mixing, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add this flour mixture into the wet mixture. Mix until just incorporated.
4. Layering & Baking the Poundcake: Pour ¼ of the batter into the prepared bundt pan and smooth it over, making sure it is completely even. Next, spoon half of the cooled raspberry filling on top of the batter (try to keep the filling in the middle, so that it doesn’t spill out while baking). Repeat by topping the filling with ½ of the remaining batter and smooth once again. Spoon the rest of the raspberry filling over the batter and finally top with the remaining ¼ of the Poundcake batter. Smooth one last time. You should have three layers of lemon Poundcake separated by two layers of raspberry filling. Bake the cake for roughly an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely before pouring on the glaze.
5. To Make the Glaze: combine the confectioners’ sugar, raspberry jam, milk, zest, and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until it is completely combined and smooth. Pour the glaze over the cooled cake. Let the glaze harden for 15-20 minutes before you cut and serve. 


source: raspberry filling.


*Please check out, Sweets for a Saturday for my link, as well as many others!!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the invite! I just linked up this recipe, and a few others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful marbling effect! Loved your recipe...looks so yummy! First time here...you got a gorgeous space...hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not gonna believe this, but your poundcake came in at #2 for last week's Sweets for a Saturday. That means that you got #1 AND #2. I'm mentioning a big hats off to you in tomorrow's Sweets post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to try it tomorrow! How do I make lemon curd?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! Just made it and cant wait to see how it taste in the cake tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww aren't you the sweetest! I'm glad you like the recipe, as well as your friends :) I'll definitely swing on by and check it out!

    XOXO,
    Juliana

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my oven right now...I'll report back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemme know how it turns out! I just love the combination of Lemon & Raspberry together, yummy :) Probably would be delicious with strawberry, like strawberry-lemonade. I think I'll have to try that combo next!

      XOXO,
      Juliana

      Delete
  8. is a bunt pan nessesary? will i have to go to the store and buy one or is just a cake pan ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say use a bundt pan just because I don't know the different specifics on how to bake it in another pan and how it would mess it up. You could probably get away with splitting it between two loafs pans, but I don't know if it would all fit. I guess you can give it a go and see how it turns out, just make sure to bake it all the way through. Sorry I can't be much help, I would just think there would be leftover batter or overcooking possibilities. Please let me know if you try a different pan!!

      XOXO,
      Juliana

      Delete
  9. hey there , just wanted to confirm if one package of cream cheese is 8 ounces? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! One 8oz package of cream cheese, sorry for the confusion! I'll update the recipe :) Thanks for the heads up!

      XOXO,
      Juliana

      Delete