Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Favorite Lemon Bars. Ever.

I love love love lemon bars. They are by far my favorite dessert. They are just so refreshing and not super heavy-tasting, which is not really a good thing for me because that only means I can eat more of them, shucks. Well, this is my favorite recipe for lemon bars (I mean seriously they never fail). They are super tart, but still sweet enough to balance out all of the other flavors. And I love the crunchy crust that gives a nice texture against the gooey-ness of the lemon filling. I recommend these for anyone who loves a bright, lemony flavor. They just make me swoon over and over and over agin. Enjoy... as much as I am right now, yummmmm :)
The Best Lemon Bars. EVER. 
For the Crust:
2C AP Flour
1t Baking Powder
½t Salt
1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, Softened
1C Sugar

For the Lemon Filling:
6 Extra-Large Eggs, Room Temperature
3C Sugar
2T Grated Lemon Zest
1C Fresh Lemon Juice
1C Flour
Confectioners’ Sugar, For Dusting

Directions: 
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 pan with Pam and set aside.
2. For the Crust, in a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. In an electric mixer, on medium speed, beat together the softened butter and sugar until creamy about 2 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture until just combined and crumbly. Press the mixture into the bottom of your prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
3. For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Pour over the crust and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the filling is set.
4. Let the bars cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for about 2 hours. Cut into bars and then dust with the confectioners’ sugar, and then enjoy of course... duh!


No comments:

Post a Comment