Thursday, June 9, 2011

Marinated Greek Chicken with Maple Glazed Rainbow Carrots & Roasted Garlic Cous Cous

Hi everyone, I've been studying my ass off lately, so I haven't been able to post the two recipes I made the last couple days. Like I have said numerous times before, I buy a lot of chicken thighs, mainly because they are always on sale and that they come in big packs so that I can separate them into two different dinners. And chicken thighs are great marinated, so I can put them into ziploc bags and marinate them days in advance, so I have a dinner pretty much ready in the refrigerator. This week I decided to do Marinated Greek Chicken. The marinade consists of lemon, olive oil, garlic, oregano, and parsley. It just has a fresh, healthy taste to it. I also served it with a homemade tzatziki sauce because the chicken is very lightly marinated, so the tzatziki adds a nice creaminess & punch of flavor. I didn't really have specific recipes for the side dishes, I just kind of added a little bit of this and a little bit of that (like most cooks do), but I'll tell you what I did with them if you would like to make that as well. While I was at the Farmer's Market, I saw a bunch of beautiful baby rainbow carrots, so I decided to just bake them in the oven with some olive oil, maple syrup, honey, garlic, fleur de sel, and fresh parsley. For the cous cous, I just roasted a head of garlic and mashed it into a paste (with some sea salt) and folded it in along with some green onions & chopped parsley. Also, I had some chicken left over, so I ended up making a panini with it yesterday for lunch, so I'll be posting that either later on today or tomorrow. I hope everyone is having a great day!
Marinated Greek Chicken with Tzatziki Sauce, Maple Glazed Rainbow Carrots & Roasted Garlic Cous Cous
For the Marinade:
4 Chicken Thighs, Boneless & Skinless
4T Olive Oil
1 Lemon, Juiced & Zested
1T Red Wine Vinegar
2t Honey
1t Garlic, Minced
1t Dried Oregano
1t Parsley, Chopped (plus more for garnishing)
Salt & Pepper, To Taste
Crumbled Feta, For Garnish

For the Tzatziki Sauce:
2C Greek Yogurt, Strained for 2-3 hours
2 Cucumbers, Peeled & Seeded & Diced
2T Olive Oil
2T Lemon Juice
1T Fresh Dill, Chopped
1T Garlic
Salt & Pepper, To Taste

Directions: 
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients of the marinade. Place the chicken thighs in a large ziploc bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Let them marinate for at least 4 hours, but preferably over night.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat some olive oil to medium-high heat in a large skillet (or spray a George Foreman Grill with Pam, and just grill the chicken, to be a little healthier). Cook the chicken until each side is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Take the chicken thighs out of the skillet and place them in a baking dish. Pour the marinade into the hot skillet and cook it over high heat until the mixture comes to a boil (about 2 minutes). Pour the boiled marinade over the chicken and bake the thighs in the oven for 8-10 minutes. 
3. To make the Tzatziki, combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse it until completely combined. Refrigerate until you're ready to use it. 
4.Serve the chicken with some of the crumbled feta & tzatziki sauce on top and garnish with fresh chopped parsley. 


source: mediterranean chickengreek chicken thighs


Check out Everday Sisters Blog for this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment