|Gooey Butter Birthday Cake|
For the Cake:
1 Box of Cake Mix
1 Stick of Butter, Melted
For the Gooey Butter Topping:
8oz Block of Cream Cheese, Softened
1 Box of Confectioners’ Sugar
1C Chocolate Chips
1C Rainbow Sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a pan with Pam, then set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, egg, melted butter, and milk until combined. Press the dough into the prepared pan, so that there is an even layer. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the cake layer.
3. In another mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Pour over the cake & chocolate chips. Cover the cream cheese layer with the rainbow sprinkles.
4. Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes until barely set in the middle (do not over bake).
5. Let the cake cool, so that the cream cheese topping thickens and will not be as hard to eat.