|Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting|
|Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Frosting|
For the Bread:
1C + 2T Sugar
2T Sour Cream
1C + 2/3C AP Flour
1t Baking Soda
½C Vegetable Oil
4 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
1C White Chocolate Chips
½C Walnuts, Chopped (optional)
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
1C Confectioners’ Sugar, Sifted
8oz Cream Cheese, Softened
For the Peanut Butter Glaze:
1T Creamy Peanut Butter
2/3C Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with aluminum foil and spray with Pam, then set aside (a bundt pan can also be used).
2. In a standing mixer, beat together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, then add in the sour cream and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. With the standing mixer at the lowest speed, add in the flour mixture into the wet mixture in small increments. Next, slowly drizzle in the vegetable oil until just incorporated.
4. In another small bowl, mash the ripe bananas until mushy. Fold in the mashed bananas into the batter. Next fold in the white chocolate chips, as well as the chopped walnuts.
5. Pour the banana bread batter into the prepared pan and bake for an hour until golden brown on top. Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then remove it and let it cool completely on a cooling rack.
6. To make the cream cheese frosting, beat together the confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, and milk until creamy and smooth. Once the banana bread has completely cooled, frost the banana bread and then topped with more chopped walnuts.