|Gooey Butter Red Velvet Bars|
For the Cake:
1 Box of Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 Stick of Butter, Melted
For the Gooey Butter Topping:
8oz Block of Cream Cheese, Softened
2 Eggs, Room Temperature
1 Box of Confectioners’ Sugar
½C Mini Chocolate Chips
1C Chocolate Sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a pan with Pam, then set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, egg, melted butter, and milk until combined. Press the dough into the prepared pan, so that there is an even layer. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the cake layer.
3. In another mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Pour over the cake & chocolate chips. Cover the cream cheese layer with the chocolate sprinkles.
4. Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes until barely set in the middle (do not over bake).
5. Let the cake cool at room temperature for about an hour before cutting, so that the gooey butter topping will set and it will be easier to eat.