|Birthday Cake with Sparkler Candles|
|Sam Blowing out her Candles|
|Pretty Awesome Rainbow Velvet Cake|
For the Rainbow Cake:
2 ½C AP Flour
1 ½C Sugar
1t Baking Soda
2t Cocoa Powder
1 ½C Vegetable Oil
1C Buttermilk, Room Temperature
2 Large Eggs, Room Temperature
Food Coloring For Each Layer
1t White Distilled Vinegar
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 8oz Packages of Cream Cheese, Softened
2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter, Softened
3C Confectioners’ Sugar, Sifted2t Vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line 6 round cake pans with parchment paper and spray with Pam and set aside.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another mixing bowl, stir together buttermilk, oil, eggs, vanilla and vinegar.
4. In a large mixing bowl on medium speed, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and a smooth batter is formed.
5. Divide equally into 6 bowls and add a different food coloring to each bowl (as much as you want for the desired brightness of each cake). Mix the food coloring in so that is well incorporated. Pour the each batter into one of the prepared cake pans.
6. Bake each cake for about 10-12 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pans for about 5-10 minutes, and then let it completely cool on a rack.
7. To make the cream cheese frosting, start off by beating the cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy, then add in the vanilla. Slowly add in the sifted confectioners’ sugar and beat until well incorporated.
8. To complete the cake, start by putting the purple cake layer on the cake stand, the top with cream cheese and follow with that same pattern going up the color spectrum from blue to green to yellow to orange to pink. Finally completely cover the cake with the cream cheese frosting making sure that is smooth. Garnish with sprinkles for decoration.
9. Refrigerate the cake for at least 30 minutes, so that the cream cheese frosting can set. But, let the cake come to room temperature for 10-15 minutes before eating.
|Slice of Rainbow Velvet Cake that's Ready to Eat!!|