Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cowgirl Caviar

Usually tailgate food is so heavy & greasy, and almost always deep-fried. So, when I am planning out what I am going to make for the week, I like to make something that is a little more refreshing. Cowgirl Caviar is my take on the popular dip, "Texas Caviar" or "Cowboy Caviar". Instead of using black beans & black-eyed peas, I used pinto beans because they are pink and cute, and more girly? I guess. I don't know. Either way, this dip is so easy to throw together and feeds so many people! You can honestly add any vegetable you like, that's the glory of this dip... it's simplicity. ROLL TIDE ROLL & Go Dawgs!! Enjoy :)

All of our Football Food
Cowgirl Caviar
For the Cowgirl Caviar:
2 15oz Can of Pinto Beans, Rinsed & Drained
2 Cans of Chunky Rotel Tomatoes, Rinsed & Drained
2 ½C Charred Corn Kernels
1 Small Red Onion, Finely Diced
3 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
½C Candied Jalapenos, Finely Diced
1 Green Pepper, Diced
1 Orange Pepper, Diced
1 Roasted Red Pepper, Diced
¼C Cilantro, Finely Chopped
1-2T Taco Seasoning
1-2T Ranch Seasoning
Juice of 1 Lime

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
2. Serve with tortilla chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment