Friday, January 21, 2011

Pimento Cheese Spread

The first recipe for this weekend is Pimento Cheese Spread, the south's most popular appetizer! We love pimento cheese, pretty much on everything or just crackers. Actually there will be two other recipes this weekend using this Pimento Cheese, so get excited! Enjoy :)

Pimento Cheese Spread 
For the Spread:
½ Block of Cream Cheese, Softened 
½ Mayo
¼t Garlic Powder
¼t Pepper
¼t Paprika
2t Hot Sauce
1 8oz Block Pepper Jack Cheese, Shredded
1 8oz Block White Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
1 8oz Block Sharp Yellow Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
½C Green Onion, Diced
1 7oz Jar Pimentos, Diced & Drained

Directions:
1. In a big mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayo, garlic powder, pepper, paprika, & hot sauce. Separately, shred the three blocks of cheese and put in the bowl with the cream cheese & mayo mixture. (I use the second smallest shredding side because I like it more that way. It does take more time, but I think it's worth it. But you can do the cheese in the bigger shred if that's how you like your pimento cheese.)
2. Toss the mixture together until the mayo is covering all of the cheese.
3. Lastly, put in the diced pimentos and green onions. Toss until it’s evenly incorporated.
4. Serve with toasted bread rounds, crackers, or on sandwiches.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Juliana, I was looking for recipes and I found your blog..I cannot believe you don't have a million comments by now..All of your recipes look so good.I mean,superb!! :-)
    Thank you so much for posting..I appreciate you taking the time to help others by sharing your recipes..I will definitely bookmark this page..I hope you have a lovely night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWW thank you! It's people like you that keep me coming back & posting every day :) Please let me know if you try anything!!

      XOXO,
      Juliana

      Delete