Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Broccoli Coleslaw

With our California Club Sandwiches, we brought chips, fresh strawberries, m&m cookies, and a homemade Broccoli Coleslaw. One of my best friends, Sydney, was kind of the inspiration of this side dish. This last summer, a big group of my friends and their parents got together and had a cookout just to catch up, and everyone pitched in and brought a different dish.
Me & Syd
Sydney's mom brought this broccoli salad that had broccoli florets, crumbled bacon, raisins, and chopped onion. It was just a really good alternative to just plain ole' coleslaw or potato salad. However, when I texted Syd to figure out the recipe, she had no idea how to make it :( I just decided to make my own recipe for it. While I was at the grocery store, I was about to reach for the broccoli florets, and then I saw a bag of shredded broccoli cole slaw, so I thought this would be really similar to a regular coleslaw recipe, just in my own different way. I hope you'll be using this recipe for your next picnic or cookout! Enjoy :)
Creamy Broccoli Coleslaw

For the Dressing:
½C Mayo
¼C Sour Cream
2T Cider Vinegar
2T Brown Sugar
Salt & Pepper, To Taste

For the Coleslaw:  
Coleslaw Dressing
1 Bag of Shredded Broccoli Coleslaw
5 Slices of Bacon, Cooked & Crumbled
½ Sweet Vidalia Onion, Chopped
½C Raisins

Directions:
1. To make the dressing: whisk together the mayo, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper until smooth and creamy.
2.  Next add in the full bag of shredded broccoli coleslaw, crumbled bacon, chopped onion, and raisins. Toss all of the ingredients together and let it sit overnight (it tastes better if the flavors have time to merry together). 
3. Serve cold and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment