|Pink Lemonade Bars|
For the Crust:
9T Unsalted Butter
1C AP Flour
For the Filling:
1 ½C Sugar
3 Egg Whites
2/3C Lemon Juice (about 4 lemons)
Zest of 4 Lemons
2/3C AP Flour
3T Raspberry Puree, Strained
2T Powdered Sugar, For Dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and spray an 11x7 baking dish (you can also line with parchment paper).
2. Cream the butter, flour, sugar, and salt in an electric mixer until a crumbly mixture is formed. Press the crumbly flour into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. While it cools, prepare the pink lemonade filling.
3. Whisk the sugar, egg, egg whites, lemon juice, zest, flour, salt, and raspberry puree in an electric mixer until it is a smooth, incorporated mixture. Pour the filling on top of the crust for 25-30 minutes until it is completely set. Let the bars come to room temperature (about an hour) and then cool them in the refrigerator for about 2 hours .
4. Dust the bars with powdered sugar and then cut into squares.
5. Serve either cold or at room temperature.
*This recipe was featured on Everyday Sister's Sharing Sundays. Please check their website for more delicious recipes as well!!
source: raspberry lemonade bars