Today was a gorgeous day in Savannah, actually amazing.
And Clayton actually didn't have work,
so we packed a picnic and spent the whole day outside
|Walking Around Downtown|
|Lil' Weezy Playin' at the Park|
Anyway, I made us California Club Sandwiches, which are turning into one of Clayton's favorite sandwiches that I make apparently (because he ate his... then ate mine). I also made some Broccoli Cole Slaw, which I'll post the recipe for next. Enjoy :)
|California Club Sandwiches with Pesto Mayo|
For the Roasted Chicken:
1 Chicken Breast, Bone-in & Skin-on
2T Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper, To Taste
For the Pesto Mayo:
For the Sandwiches:
Roasted Chicken, Thinly Sliced
2 Leaves of Bibb Lettuce
2 Slices of Tomato
4 Slices of Avocado
4 Slices of Peppered Bacon
1. To roast the chicken (the best way to roast chicken ever): preheat the oven to 350 and spray a baking dish with Pam. Wash and dry the chicken breast and toss with the olive oil and then sprinkle on salt and pepper (pretty heavily because the skin will be removed). Roast the chicken for 45 minutes, and after cooked, remove and let the chicken cool for 10 minutes. After the chicken has cooled, slice thinly and set aside.
2. To make the pesto mayo: whisk together the pesto and the mayo, and set aside.
3. Slice the croissants in half and toast them in the oven until lightly golden.
4. Spread the pesto mayo on each half of the croissant.
5. Start to layer: lay half of the roasted chicken the bottom half of the croissant, then top with 1 leaf of bibb lettuce, a thick slice of tomato, 2 slices of avocado, and 2 slices of peppered bacon.
source: easy roasted chicken