|Alex Enjoying the Mini Pies|
|Mini Blueberry Pies|
|Mini Cherry Pies|
For the Mini Pies:
4 9inch Pie Crusts, Thawed (I used store bought)
1 Can of Cherry Pie Filling
1 Can of Blueberry Pie Filling
For the Topping:
Sugar in the Raw, For Sprinkling
Directions:1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray. Roll out the piecrusts on a flour surface then smooth them out with a rolling pin. Use a cookie cutter (about 4inches) to cut out circles in the piecrust (try to get at least 12 circles).
2. Place the circles (or the bottom crusts) into the prepped muffin tin, pressing them firmly, but gently up against the sides. Scoop roughly 2T of the cherry pie filling into each tin.
3. For the Top Crusts: You can use different mini decorative cookie cutters (like mini stars, flowers, or hearts). You can use the same cookie cutter as before that you used for the bottom crust. Also, you could cut the crusts into small strips and do some lattice work. It is really up to your preference. But, make sure you slice the vents into the top of each pie if it’s completely covered with a crust.
4. Mix the egg and water together, and then brush the top of each pie with this mixture, and the sprinkle with a little of the sugar in the raw.
5. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
6. Once done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool for 4-5 minutes. Serve plain or with ice cream and enjoy.
source: mini pies.