For the Grapefruit-Raspberry Pink Lemonade:
2C Fresh Raspberries, Pureed & Pushed Through a Fine Mesh Sieve (no seeds)
2C Fresh Grapefruit Juice
4-6C Cold Water
For the Grapefruit Salt:
For the Salty Chihuahuas:
1C Grapefruit-Raspberry Pink Lemonade
Frozen Raspberries (acting as ice cubes)
2 Slices of Grapefruit (to moisten the rim)
Prepared Grapefruit Salt
Directions:1. Make the Simple Syrup: combine the sugar and water together in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and heat until sugar is completely dissolved (swirling the pan occasionally). Let this mixture cool.
2. Puree the fresh raspberries in a blender or food processor. Push the raspberry puree through a fine mesh sieve to separate the seeds from the pulp.
3. Once the simple syrup has cooled, combine the raspberry puree, simple syrup, and grapefruit juice in large pitcher. Add 4-6 cups of cold water (to your liking).
4. To Make the Grapefruit Salt: In a small bowl, combine together the sea salt and grapefruit zest and set it aside until ready to rim the glasses.
5. To Make the Salty Chihuahuas: Pour the grapefruit salt onto a small plate. Moisten the rims of two highball glasses with the 2 slices of grapefruit. Gently dip the rims into the salt to coat lightly. Fill the glasses with raspberry ice cubes. Pour ¼C of tequila over the ice in each prepared glass, and then pour over ½C of the grapefruit-raspberry pink lemonade over the tequila. Lightly stir the two together.
6. Serve and drink your problems away :)