|Classic Coca Cola Cake|
For the Cake:
2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter, Softened
1 ¾C Sugar
2C AP Flour
¼C Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1t Baking Soda
1 ½C Mini Marshmallows
For the Coke Frosting:
1 Stick of Butter
3T Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
16oz Confectioners’ Sugar
Directions:1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13x9inch pan with Pam, and then set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the coke and buttermilk. In another bowl, beat the butter at a slow speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Add in the eggs and vanilla, and beat at a low speed until blended. In one more bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
3. Add the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture into the butter mixture alternately, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat at a low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in the marshmallows. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
5. To Make the Coke Frosting: bring the first three ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Remove from heat; whisk in sugar and vanilla. Use immediately by pouring over the warm coke cake.
6. Let the cake cool and the frosting set before cutting & serving.
*Please check out, Sweets for a Saturday for my link, as well as many others!!