Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Crispy Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Spicy Mayo

Sweet potatoes are possibly one of my favorite foods. But I only like them in savory dishes. There is nothing that I hate more than sweet potatoes with brown sugar, cinnamon, or marshmallows... that just disgusts me. I really have no idea why. Almost a year ago, I went to the hospital for about 4 months. I'll tell you more about that later on, but all I wanted while in the hospital was a friggin' sweet potato. I mean honestly, who craves sweet potatoes? Apparently this girl does. So literally for 2 months all I ate was pureed sweet potato. Well, luckily enough for you, I'm not posting a recipe for pureed sweet potato, instead I found this recipe for oven baked sweet potato fries that are actually crispy! Getting sweet potatoes to crisp up can be quite the task and these delivered. And the spicy mayo is perfect with it as well. These would go great with a burger! Enjoy :)
Crispy Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Spicy Mayo
For the Sriracha Mayo:
½C Mayo
1T Sriracha
1t Sweet Chili Sauce
¼t Cayenne

For the Fries:
3 Sweet Potatoes, Cut into Thick Fries
2T Corn Starch
2T Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper, To Taste

Directions:
1. For the Sriracha Mayo: Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined and smooth. Set it aside until ready to eat with the fries.
2. To Make the Fries: Put the cornstarch in a large bag and then toss in the sweet potatoes. Shake to coat the fries. Then add in the olive oil, making sure that all are equally covered. Place the coated fries onto a baking sheet lined with tin foil and sprayed with Pam.
3. Bake the fries at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, and then flip them over and cook another 5-10 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
4. Serve immediately. 


2 comments:

  1. I also love to have sweet potato in savory dish. I love the combination of slightly sweet and savory taste at the same time in my mouth. I like sweet potato and brown sugar and cinnamon. But that's so rare.
    And talk about this recipe, I love it so much and have made it for thousand times. If I run of mayo for the dip I usually sprinkle the chili powder along with other seasonings. It turns out great taste :)
    How to Make Sweet Potato Fries

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love my sweet potatoes sweet as well. When I make sweet potatoes just on a regular night, nothing too fancy, I always sprinkle mine with some cinnamon and nutmeg. And of course, here in the south, we always make sweet potato casserole with brown sugar and cinnamon and topped with marshmallows. It's divine! So we're in total agreement.

    XOXO,
    Juliana

    ReplyDelete